Privacy & Data Protected Policy
We wish to demonstrate our firm’s commitment to your rights to privacy. Therefore, we have drawn up the privacy guidelines set out below. You will probably appreciate that these guidelines will need to change over time.
WHO ARE WE?
Central (UK) Vehicle Leasing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Central (UK) Vehicle Leasing Limited is Registered in England and Wales No. 5588160. VAT No 825 476706.
Data Protection register entry Z9510882.
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association member number 1442.
CENTRAL (UK) VEHICLE LEASING LIMITED REGISTERED OFFICE 1 Badhan Court Castle Street Hadley Telford Shropshire TF1 5QX
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
The following data privacy notice explains what personal data will be collected, why it is being collected, how we will use it and to whom we might disclose it to if necessary.
THE DATA CONTROLLER
Central (UK) Vehicle Leasing Limited is committed to complying with the UK’s Data Protection law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the protection of personal data, as well as the principles of data security in the configuration of our services. Should you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we use your personal data then please contact us in writing:
1 Badhan Court Castle Street Hadley Telford Shropshire TF1 5QX
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND WHY
The information that you voluntarily provide to us when using this website including, without limitation: your name, address(es), telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es); information about the vehicle(s) you have expressed interest in leasing; if you place an order we will require information about your employment and bank details and any other information about your use of this website. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us. We hold information which you provide for our own administrative, sales and should you to choose to opt-in, our marketing.
You have the right to opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the communication or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we hold about you is confidential, and we will only disclose it outside of Central (UK) Vehicle Leasing Limited if we have identified a legitimate interest in relation to additional products or services in relation to your vehicle order.
CREDIT SEARCH FACILITY
If you decide to proceed with an application to lease a vehicle, we use your information to obtain a credit check from credit reference agencies. In considering your application our financiers will search your record at credit reference agencies which will add to your record details of our searches and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches. If you submit a business application searches will be made in respect of directors or partners of firms applying for credit. If you have a joint application or have told us of some financial association with another person you are permitting us to disclose information and authorise a credit search about you, the joint applicant and anyone referred by you.
It is important that you give us accurate information as our financiers will check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if you give us false or inaccurate information and fraud is suspected this will be recorded. The credit information that you provide will be shared with other organisations and used by them to trace debtors and recover debt; prevent fraud and to check your identity to prevent money laundering.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
We have notified the Data Protection Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act that it may obtain information about data subjects.
IP ADDRESSES AND SERVER LOGS
When you enter our web site, we use your Internet Protocol ("IP") address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our web site and to help identify you. We also have the ability to know what type of operating system and browser software you use and to identify the geographical location of your browser. Your IP address is also used by us to gather broad demographic information and for other purposes, such as monitoring visitor frequency. This information is used solely for monitoring the volume of traffic the site receives and measuring the number of Clients.
We share the information we gather with advertisers and other partners. The information we share comprises information in aggregate form only.
REMOVING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION If you request the removal of your personal information from our database or you wish us to amend or change the information we hold about you on our database, we will remove or amend any such information on you contacting us to request such a change.
GDPR YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR You have the following rights in respect of the personal data we process:
- The right to be informed about how we use personal data - This Privacy Statement explains who we are;
- the purpose for which we process personal data and our legitimate interests in so doing; the categories of data we process;
- third party disclosures; and details of any transfers of personal data outside the UK.
- The right to access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and must be provided within one month of receipt.
- The right to rectification where data are inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
- The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
- The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned;
- or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling);
- or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics,
- unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Please contact our business manager email@example.com for more information about GDPR and your rights.