Your guide to leasing a car online
So how does leasing a car work? Put simply, search our website for the type of vehicle you want, select how long you want the lease to last for, desired annual mileage, initial payment and fixed monthly payment. Complete a finance application, once your credit line is approved your vehicle will be ordered. The final stage is to sign contracts and once the vehicle is in stock a delivery date will be confirmed, yes the online process or ordering a car is as simple as that!
What is Car Leasing?
Car leasing is similar to renting, you make an initial payment, then fixed monthly payments throughout the length of your lease contract, normally between 2-5 years. It’s a cheaper option than buying a brand new vehicle with a bank loan or dealer finance.
What are the benefits of leasing a car?
- Drive a brand new vehicle every 2 to 5 years.
- A fixed monthly rental
- Tailored contracts select the length of contract and annual mileage to suit your needs
- Road tax included for full duration of contract
- Full manufacturer warranty
- No depreciation to worry about or the sale of the vehicle at the end of the lease
- Taxable benefits for businesses with possible VAT reclaims
What to know when leasing a car.
- You do not own the vehicle, although some finance companies give you the option to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease
- No equity
- Possible excess mileage charge if you go over your contracted mileage
- Possible early termination fee if you end the contract early
- A credit check is performed before you are eligible to lease a vehicle
Why lease from us?
At Central (UK) Vehicle Leasing Limited our mission is to find our customers the best car leasing deals. As a member of the industry trade body, the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association) we must adhere to their mandatory Code of Conduct – this gives customers the highest standards of service with transparent and accurate information and a complaint resolution service. We are also audited by the BVRLA to make sure that standards are maintained.
What to know when leasing a car.
· You do not own the vehicle, although some finance companies give you the option to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease
· No equity
· Possible excess mileage charge if you go over your contracted mileage
· Possible early termination fee if you end the contract early
· A credit check is performed before you are eligible to lease a vehicle
How to lease online?
easy step by step guide for the process the customer must go through in order to lease online. Ensure to mention the documents needed from the customer.
Our website is the best way to lease a vehicle online, see the 6 step process below:
1. Choose a Vehicle – Visit our website to search prices on thousands of vehicles. Take advantage of our special offers for the best value lease deals, over 90% of customers who lease a vehicle online choose a special offer! Select the contract length, annual mileage, initial payment amount and if you want a maintained contract, that’s all you need to do. Need help in deciding? Ring our sales team on 01952 222703, we are one of the biggest online car leasing companies.
2. Get a written quote – When you have chosen your desired vehicle, get lease quotes online, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01952 222703 for a written quote.
3. Apply for credit – When you are happy with your quote you will need to complete a one-page credit application form. An application form can be found on your quote or simply go to the website and select proceed to complete online, it’s a great online car leasing service. We will send your completed application form to the finance company who will perform a credit check on either you personally or your business depending on the type of lease you need.
4. Order your vehicle – Upon credit approval you will need to sign our order form so we can order and secure your vehicle with the dealership. Our administration department will supply regular updates on the status of your vehicle throughout the process.
5. Complete finance documents – In order to produce contracts the finance company normally ask for the following:
- Valid UK Driving Licence and / or Passport
- Utility bill dated in last 3 months – gas, water or electric. Some finance companies will accept landline phone bill but not mobile bills.
- Some finance companies ask for additional proofs like a bank statement and / or payslips dated in the last 3 months.
Once proofes are received finance documents are emailed to you ro sent direct from the finance company for e-sign. It will contain your scheduled payments, a direct debit form and terms and
conditions of your lease. You will need to sign contracts before we can proceed.
6. Arrange delivery – When your vehicle is in stock and all finance documents have been returned the admin department will contact you with
your registration number and offer a delivery date. All vehicles are delivered free to anywhere in the UK mainland. Upon delivery you will be required to sign a vehicle acceptance note.
It's as simple as that to lease your car online! So what are you waiting for, get a lease online!
Who owns a leased car?
For both business and personal contract hire agreements it is the finance provider who is the legal owner of a lease car and who is the registered keeper of a leased car, they hold the log book (V5 registration documents) for the duration of the lease. As the customer you are the registered driver of the vehicle and are responsible for maintaining the vehicle if you enter into a non-maintained lease contract.
Do you own a car if you lease it / do you own a car after the lease is up? The short answer is no, however, a small number of finance companies do give you the option to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease.
What do I do at the end of my car lease?
Your options at the end of your lease are as follows:
- Renewal - Central UK Vehicle Leasing will send you a renewal letter 5-6 months before the end of your lease to discuss a replacement vehicle and to update you with our latest special offers.
- Collection – as you approach the end of your lease you will need to arrange collection of your vehicle with your finance company, we only arrange collection if your vehicle is leased via LeasePlan, in this instance you will be contacted by our admin department approx. 2 months before the end of your lease, if you have not been contact then please ring our admin department on 01952 224 213 (please note it is the customers responsibility to arrange collection before their lease end date).
- Collections are usually between Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Please note some finance companies charge an abort fee if you cancel a vehicle booking normally 48 hours before collection, please check with your finance company.
- The collection agent normally ring you one day before collection.
- You must supply both sets of keys, make sure the vehicle has a full service history and valid MOT (if either are due before the collection date).
- Preparing your vehicle for collection – firstly make sure you leave enough time to prepare your vehicle for collection, if you have any damage that is outside the fair wear and tear guide we would suggest that you carry out the repairs to avoid any lease-end penalty charges from the finance company which can be more costly. Most funders use the BVRLA Fair Wear and Tear guide but may also have a fair wear and tear guide of their own. We strongly suggest that you look at the fair wear and tear guide before your lease car return inspection by the collection company. If you have a private plate this can take up to 6 weeks to remove from the vehicle so make sure you leave enough time before collection.
- What to expect on the day of collection – The collection agent will check over the vehicles condition and mileage and record its condition on a collection form, please check this before you sign the form. The vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition, must not have any warning lights on as the collection company may abort the collection.
- Abort collection – please note that if the collection has to be aborted then the finance company will most likely charge an abort fee so we suggest that you adhere to all the information above.
- Extend your current lease – some finance companies allow you to extend your contract, please contact them direct, we only arrange extensions on behalf of LeasePlan.
- Purchase your lease vehicle – a small number of finance companies allow you to purchase your vehicle at end of contract, please contact them direct, we only arrange a purchase price on behalf of LeasePlan but this can only be done up to 28 days before the end of your lease.
Can I return my lease early/extend my lease?
short paragraph regarding the returns policy and how they can return their leased car earlier followed by another short paragraph of how a lease can be extended.
Early termination of lease vehicle
If you want to return your lease vehicle before the contract end date then you will have to ask your finance company for the lease car return charges, alson know as an early termination quote. If you end your lease early then substantial penalites and fees are usually associated with early terminations. A car lease termination fee / early termination fee with some funders is 50% of your outstanding rentals, while other funders calculate a fee on a case by case basis. If you have just leased a car and want to return it on a personal contract hire agreement most finance companies do not allow you to early terminate unless £1500 inc VAT of rentals have been paid, please ask your finance company for further information.
Extending your lease
Some finance companies allow you to extend your contract, please contact them direct, we only arrange extensions on behalf of LeasePlan. If your finance company do not allow you to extend your vehicle and you need another lease vehicle then we suggest you look at our special offers or stock vehicles sooner rather than later so as not to be without a vehicle.